Coleman R. Tucker was born and raised in Houston, Texas and earned his bachelor’s degree in Business Management from Rice University in 1989. He attended South Texas College of Law in Houston where he was Editor of the Corporate Counsel Review and President of the scholastic honor society. Coleman graduated in 1993 from South Texas, cum laude.
Coleman has successfully represented clients in a broad range of civil litigation and business transaction matters for over twenty-five years in private practice and as in-house counsel where he negotiated a wide range of contracts and managed clients’ responses to major litigation, regulatory investigations and enforcement actions. In addition to his extensive experience in private practice, Coleman has been General Counsel and Risk Manager for one of the nation’s largest Crane/Rigging and Heavy Haul Contractor where he managed all the Company’s litigation and served as its Contracts and Risk Manager overseeing its insurance coverage program and response to claims and negotiated every contract for the Company’s nation-wide operations.
Coleman is also an instructor of Contract and Tort Law at Rice University’s Glasscock School of Continuing Studies Paralegal Studies Program. He was also an Adjunct Professor of Business Law at the University of Houston Downtown.
- General Counsel for Crane/Rigging and Heavy Haul contractor and managed its response to major commercial and wrongful death and other personal injury litigation matters after a severe incident. Also, directly controlled the implementation of its insurance program and contracts management systems.
- Managed client’s response and ultimate settlement of enforcement actions by the SEC, New York Attorney General and other regulators of the mutual fund industry and related private litigation.
- Represented shareholders in a class action suit that achieved the reversal of the purchase of another company and resulted in over a ten-fold increase in shareholder value.
- Managed the litigation against a mortgage servicing company regarding borrowers’ claims against lenders.
- Negotiated the successful sale of the assets of a medical practice group to nation-wide system.