Meet Roger G. Jain Esq.
As long as I can remember, I have been inspired by courtroom drama. The story, regardless of who was fighting and for what cause, always came down to the very basic human traits of greed, jealousy, vengeance, deceit, ego, and pride. The skilled lawyer, always a good listener, could always find the heart of the case and convey it simply and eloquently to the jury and help the jury reach a just verdict.
This inspiration is what led me to Baylor Law School. After graduating in 1993, I wanted to waste no time getting in the courtroom. I joined the Montgomery County Attorney’s Office as a prosecutor where I was immediately placed in the courtroom and gained an opportunity to hone my trial skills. After trying many cases in a very short time, I soon discovered that being a trial lawyer is my true calling and that I wanted to help people solve their problems.
In 1996, I opened my own firm. Since that time, the team that I have built has handled civil and criminal cases involving commercial and residential landlord/tenant disputes, personal injury, wrongful death, consumer law, property disputes, contract disputes, business disputes, partnership disputes, construction disputes, placing and removing liens placed on property, restraining orders, injunctions, business formations, preparing and reviewing leases, employment cases, misdemeanor and felony cases involving DWI, DUI, possession of drugs, criminal mischief, domestic violence, aggravated assault, burglary, expungements, expunctions, and non-disclosures, family law cases involving divorces, custody modifications, and child support cases, and probate cases involving wills, trusts, estate planning, determination of heirships, and guardianships. Over 25 years, our understanding of litigation tactics and strategies has helped us secure jury verdicts for our clients from thousands, to hundreds of thousands, to millions of dollars.
We know how to win for our clients and our Track Record and our clients’ Testimonials speak for themselves.
Our practice is devoted to helping individuals and small businesses who are often faced with serious problems and limited resources. The various problems facing our clients are personal and the outcome impactful. Mindful of this, we work on each case with attention to detail, devise a strategy paying attention to the clients’ resources, and work hard to obtain results that exceed our clients’ expectations.
Using this approach, we have obtained favorable results for our clients. Recently, we:
- Obtained a multi-million-dollar jury verdict in a construction dispute case. Our client, a successful business man, developed a luxury RV park. The general contractor and his sub-contractors performed their work in a negligent fashion resulting in large scale damage to the park. The contractor and his subs blamed our client for not getting a soils report, and the general contractor refused to accept responsibility. After unsuccessfully mediating the case and a lengthy jury trial, the jury reached a verdict fully compensating our client for all of his damages.
- In another case, our client purchased a home health business and was duped by the seller. The seller sued for non-payment. Our client counter-sued for his damages. The case settled in our client’s favor in the middle of trial.
- In a landlord/tenant dispute, the tenant sued our client for failing to return his security deposit. Our client maintained that his failing to return the deposit was justified. After a jury trial, the court entered judgment for full recovery of our client’s attorney’s fees.
While each case is different and we can’t guarantee results, we welcome the opportunity to evaluate yours. Please contact us if we can help you!
- Texas (1993)
- Southern District of Texas
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas – 1993
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas – 1987, Major: Accounting
- Montgomery County Attorney’s Office, Criminal Prosecutor
- Tenth Court of Appeals (Waco), Intern for Hon. Justice Bill Vance
- Member of the Trial Lawyers College
- Texas resident since 1975
- Married with children