We Tackle The Tough Family Law Issues in Houston, TX
Life is never predictable. Even your best and well laid out life plans can quickly change. When they do, you may need an experienced Houston family law attorney on your side. Navigating the ups and downs of personal relationships can be daunting and highly emotional. From divorce and child custody to drafting a prenuptial agreement, these issues can drive wedges between family members and create turmoil. Yet, it doesn’t have to be that way. With our experienced law firm in your corner, you can get the support you need to move forward and handle whatever life throws your way.
At Roger G. Jain & Associates, P.C., we want to be the first – and last – call you make. Our law firm has been helping Houston families navigate life’s changes for over 20 years. When you are considering a major life change, we can help you evaluate all of your legal options and move through the process as efficiently and painlessly as possible. If your family law matter does escalate, you can rest assured knowing you have proven and successful litigators who are ready to fight for you. We know the family courts in Houston and the judges that will likely oversee your case. This helps us prepare for court trials in the most efficient and precise way possible, and allows us to achieve successful results for our clients.
Types of Family Law Matters
Each of our family law clients have unique and personal situations. That is why we take a personalized and compassionate approach when handling each of our cases. We strive to offer creative and flexible solutions that can be applied to a variety of situations. We work to help you resolve conflicts, while protecting your rights at every turn. Our lawyers have successfully represented Houston families through a variety of family law matters, including:
- The end of a marriage is a stressful time, even when couples are in agreement. We know that this process can be highly-charged and emotional. That is why we offer compassionate support every step of the way. We handle a variety of divorces throughout Houston and Harris County, including:
- Divorce – Contested & Uncontested
- Military divorce
- LGBTQ+ divorce
- High-net worth divorces
- Collaborative divorces
- Mediated divorces
- Child Custody and Visitation. Protecting your parenting rights during a divorce is likely a high priority. As a parent, you want what is best for your child. But your spouse may have differing ideas of what is “best.” When this happens, painful and drawn out custody battles may ensue. Our lawyers are skilled in helping divorcing families focus on the best interests of the child, while still protecting their parenting rights. If you already have a custody agreement, we can help with any modifications you may need as the future unfolds. From relocating to gaining more parenting time, we know what it takes to help you achieve the results you are looking for.
- Child Support. After a divorce, couples need to still support their children in the same manner they did before. This often involves one parent paying child support to another. Our attorneys can help you establish, contest, or modify child support in Texas. We can guide you through the process, whether support is sought in a divorce or paternity proceeding. The Texas Family Code offers guidelines to help set the amount of support. However, these are just guidelines and our lawyers can help you determine the true amount of support required.
- Spousal Support. Spousal support is an often highly contested aspect of divorce. When one spouse makes considerably higher income, they may need to pay spousal support to their ex. There is a cap on court-ordered spousal maintenance in Texas, and it is set by statute. It cannot be more than 20 percent of the paying spouse’s average monthly gross income. If you need to establish, enforce, or modify spousal support, our lawyers can help.
- Marital and Prenuptial Agreements. A marital or prenuptial agreement can help keep disputes minimal if a couple should ever divorce. While no one enters a marriage with the idea they will get divorced, these agreements can help secure assets and keep the cost of divorce lower. Our Houston family law attorneys can meet with you to help you understand all aspects of prenup and post-nuptial agreements, so you can explore your legal options better.
Contact Our Houston Family Attorneys
At Roger G. Jain & Associates, P.C., we know that life does not always work out the way you planned. Yet, no matter what life throws at you, we will be there to help. Our Houston family law attorneys know that you need support and experienced legal guidance every step of the way. From divorce to child custody modifications, our legal team will be there throughout the process, offering you peace of mind.
To learn more, call us at (713) 981-0600 or fill out our confidential contact form. We know that protecting your family is most important, that is why we work aggressively and efficiently to help you through all of life’s ups and downs. Call us today!